Last Updated September 1, 2022
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
Personal Information You Provide: We collect the following categories of personal information from you:
- Identification Information: We may collect your name, email address, phone number, and/or addresses when you sign up for the Service.
- Demographic, Interest and Preference Information: We collect various demographic, interest and preference information that you provide to us regarding the universities and postsecondary schools are interested in.
- Communication Information: We may collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback. Providing communication information is optional to you.
- Usage information: We may collect usage analytics, such as information about how you use the Services and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Services.
Internet Activity Information: When you visit, use, and interact with the Service, the following information may be created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Device Information: The manufacturer and model, operating system, IP address, and unique identifiers of the device, as well as the browser you use to access the Service. The information we collect may vary based on your device type and settings.
- Usage Information: Information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to help collect and analyze Usage Information. For more information on how Google uses this information, click here.
The following technologies may be used to collect Internet Activity Information:
- Cookies, which are text files stored on your device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in the browser to help you navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences, enable functionality, help us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitate online advertising.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION USE
Your personal information is used for the following purposes:
Service Delivery, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, secure and improve the Service;
- Create, maintain, and authenticate your account;
Communicating with You:
- to send you updates about administrative matters such as changes to our terms or policies,
- provide user support, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Service Improvement, including to:
- improve the Service and create new features;
- personalize your experience; and
- create and derive insights from de-identified and aggregated information.
Marketing and Advertising: We and our advertising partners may use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes, including:
- Direct Marketing: To send you direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including, but not limited to, notifying you of items we believe to be of interest to you via postal mail, email, telephone, text message, and other means.
Compliance and Protection, including to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARING
Our Sharing: We may share the categories of personal information described above without further notice to you, unless required by the law, with the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share personal information with service providers, including hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store personal information in the course of performing their duties to us. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers adhere to the security standards we apply to your personal information.
- Educational Partners: We may provide your personal information, preferences, and interests to universities or other postsecondary schools, the school you currently attend, educational partners and companies, including, but not limited to, educational entities that provide instructional services to individuals or education-related services to individuals and other educational institutions. You may opt-out from this sharing by changing your sharing preferences in the settings section of the App.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, dissolution, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your personal information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of or following that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: We do not volunteer your personal information to government authorities or regulators, but we may disclose your personal information where required to do so for the Compliance and Protection purposes described above.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. Loper does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 provided personal information to Loper please contact us and we will delete that information.
6. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. You use the Service at your own risk.
8. YOUR CHOICES
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by changing your communications preferences on your account management page or following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Online tracking opt-out. There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected through our Services, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our Services from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
- Platform opt-outs. The following advertising partners offer opt-out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Advertising industry opt-out tools. You can also use these opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
9. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
The CCPA requires us to provide this supplemental privacy notice to our consumers in California.
The CCPA grants California residents the following rights.
- Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that we maintain about you.
- Deletion. You can ask to delete the personal information that we maintain about you.
- Opt out of sale of your personal information. You can ask us not to sell your personal information.
Please note that the CCPA limits these rights by, for example, prohibiting businesses from providing certain sensitive information in response to an access request and limiting the circumstances in which they must comply with a deletion request.
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
Here is how you can submit requests:
- To request access to or deletion of personal information collected via the Services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To opt out of sale of personal information, email us at email@example.com, however, under the CCPA, we do not sell personal information. Furthermore, we offer instructions on how to limit online tracking in the “Online tracking opt out” section above.
- To verify your identity prior to responding to your requests, we may ask you to confirm information that we have on file about you or your interactions with us. Where we ask for additional personal information to verify your identity, we will only use it to verify your identity or your authority to make the request on behalf of another consumer.
- Authorized agents. California residents can empower an “authorized agent” to submit requests on their behalf.
11. CONTACT US